One of the early childhood education is playing. However, children aged from 3 to 6 years should not just playing alone. Children can play while learning. For parents who currently carry out the role of teachers, of course, they must provide an appropriate education for children. One of them is by playing with them. So, what should playing and learning should be like, and what are the benefits? Here are the benefits of playing while learning, which are summarized from several sources that we have collected:
1. Self-recognition. Through creative play allows the development of self-concepts. Play supports children to grow and be independent and has control over their environment. Not only that, by playing, every children can also discover new things, explore, imitate, and practice everyday life as a step in building self-help skills.
2. Recognition of feelings. Recognition of feelings includes the development of emotions. Through play, children can learn how to accept, express, and positively overcome problems. The play also allows children to get to know themselves and to develop satisfying behavior patterns in their lives.
3. Introduction of others. This is included in social development. Play provides a way for the child’s social development when sharing with other children. Play is the most important means for developing the ability to socialize and expand empathy for others and reduce egocentrism. Play can foster and increase children’s sense of socialization. Through play, children can learn prosocial behavior such as waiting for their turn, working together, helping each other, and sharing.
4. The introduction of various movements. The introduction of multiple movements aims to help maximize physical development. Playing can stimulate perceptual-motor development in several areas, namely: Eye-hand or foot-eye coordination, such as when drawing, writing, manipulating objects, visually looking for traces, throwing, capturing, kicking. Gross motor skills, such as gestures when walking, jumping, marching, jumping, running, tiptoeing, rolling, crawling, and crawling.
Non-gross motor skills (static) such as bending, reaching, taking turns, turning, stretching, squatting, sitting, standing, rocking. Body management and control, such as showing bodily sensitivity, sensitivity to place, balance, ability to start, stop, change direction.
5. Develop communication. Developing communication can be done by helping children improve their language skills. It is through communication that children can expand their vocabulary and develop their ability to accept and express their language skills through interactions with other children and adults in spontaneous play situations.
Like when children play with their friends, they will spontaneously talk or communicate with their friends. Dolls as their children, then some are used as mothers and as fathers. Cognitive development can be done with play activities. During play, children receive new experiences, manipulate materials and tools, interact with others, and begin to feel their world. Play is the beginning of the next cognitive function. Therefore play is very necessary for the lives of children.
Here are the benefits of playing while learning, which are summarized from several sources that we have collected, we do hope every readers who read this article can play along with children to optimize their way of learning.